Informa Markets – Engineering, the leading B2B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the global $3-trillion advanced technology–based manufacturing industry, has announced a two-part webinar series designed to educate marketers and business leaders on the new world of virtual exhibiting. Created in partnership with Competitive Edge, which has nearly three decades of experience developing custom exhibitor education, and Swapcard, the event app and matchmaking platform powered by AI, the webinars will give participants the trade secrets of how to take full advantage of virtual event capabilities, as well as why and how to drive traffic to this necessary new channel.
As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, Informa Markets – Engineering provides US and international customers and partners with opportunities to engage, experience, and do business through face-to-face exhibitions. (Informa Markets – Engineering is also the publisher of PlasticsToday.) Now five months into pandemic-induced lockdowns, virtual events have become the new norm. “The current times have forced our engineering portfolio to reflect upon our business and examine what our customers and community need now in these times to continue to move business forward,” said Melissa Magestro, VP/Group Portfolio Leader, Informa Markets – Engineering. “As virtual exhibiting has become an overnight reality, we want exhibitors to recognize the value and competitive need to participate through well-executed virtual offerings.”
The first webinar, “Successfully Marketing, Selling & Virtually Exhibiting During a Crisis,” is scheduled for Sept. 9 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific/2:00 p.m Eastern. The one-hour webinar will be led by Jefferson Davis, one of America’s leading experts on successful B2B marketing, sales, and exhibiting.
In 60 minutes, attendees will learn:
- Tough times don’t last . . . action steps to move from fear to confidence
- The critical importance of continuing to market your company during a crisis
- Eight ways to adjust marketing strategies right now
- Eleven ways to adjust sales strategies right now
- Why exhibiting may be more important now than ever
- Four reasons why virtual exhibiting is a smart and prudent play during this crisis
- How virtual exhibiting is different from live face-to-face exhibiting
- Four critical success factors for a virtual exhibit
At the following webinar next month, Davis and members of the Informa Markets – Engineering staff will explain how to optimize the core functionality of a virtual exhibit, create an integrated marketing plan to drive traffic before and during the event, and effectively interact with visitors. “Optimizing and Driving Traffic to Your Virtual Exhibit” is scheduled for Oct. 14 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific/2:00 p.m Eastern.
The 60-minute session will feature:
- Overview of the SwapCard virtual event platform
- Understanding virtual event visitor flow in the platform
- Overview of core exhibitor-facing platform functions
- Best practices on how to create a virtual experience worthy of attendees’ time
- Why promoting a virtual exhibit is a must do
- Defining a virtual attendee value proposition
- Developing a pre-meeting marketing plan
Learn more and register for the webinar here.