Plante Moran and the Reshoring Initiative are inviting businesses to participate in their joint U.S. Manufacturing Reshoring Study. Your responses will provide valuable insights into how much manufacturers offshore, what drives them to do it and what U.S. policy changes would motivate them to reshore.
|Image courtesy Stuart Miles/freedigitalphotos.net.|
Manufacturers and distributors can complete the survey online. Survey findings will be shared with the Trump administration, Congress and survey respondents later this year. The survey takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and will close at 8 pm EDT on Friday, Oct. 20.
For the first time in decades, more manufacturing jobs are returning to the United States than are going offshore, according to research by the Reshoring Initiative. However, about four million manufacturing jobs have still been lost to offshoring over the last decade, based on the $500 billion U.S. trade deficit. The Reshoring Initiative concludes that about 25% of these jobs are reshorable at current levels of U.S. competitiveness. The survey will provide insight into the mix of policy changes needed to reshore the other 75%.