More than 80 technical presentations are scheduled for the 2023 SPE International Polyolefins Conference on March 5 to 8 at the Galveston Island Convention Center in Galveston, TX. The hybrid in-person/online event is sponsored by the SPE South Texas Section, SPE Polymer Modifiers and Additives Division, Thermoplastic Materials and Foams Division, Engineering Properties and Structures Division, Building and Infrastructure Division, and Flexible Packaging Division. Topics scheduled to be explored by experts in their fields include:
- high-throughput experimentation
- catalyst developments
- characterization and analysis
- structure/property fundamentals
- advances in polyolefin stabilization
- modifiers for polyolefins and compounding
- process innovations
- product innovations and new polyolefin platforms
- compounding and extrusion advances
- application developments in automotive
- applications in building and infrastructure
- flexible packaging applications
- pipe applications
- regulatory dynamics
- recycling and sustainability
- business environment issues
- supply-chain challenges
The program will include a Sunday afternoon tutorial. The morning of Monday, March 6, will feature a plenary session with an overview of the business climate from industry experts. Technical presentations are scheduled Monday afternoon through Wednesday. The event includes more than 60 exhibitors presenting equipment, compounding, additives, and more. New for the 2023 conference, the exhibition and papers are extended through Wednesday afternoon.
Supplementing the face-to-face format with networking opportunities and luncheons, a virtual conference with papers on demand, virtual exhibitor booths, and a live-streamed plenary session will bring the event to off-site attendees. A powerful software platform will also enhance the in-person conference with mobile software, said show organizers.
For more information on the event, to apply for a sponsorship, or become an exhibitor, go to www.polyolefinsconference.org.