So, you're a supplier to the medical technology industry, and you think you're hot stuff, leagues above your competitors? If you're an exhibitor at MD&M East, co-located with PLASTEC East in New York City next month, you're going to have a chance to prove it. Event organizer UBM Canon, which also produces this website, has announced the Supplier Innovation Challenge. Five finalists and the 2015 Innovation Winner will be announced at the event, but hurry: The entry deadline is Friday, May 8, 2015.
The contest is open to all MD&M East exhibitors with operations in the United States or Canada. UBM Canon editors will review all submissions and designate 10 semi-finalists. Then, UBM Canon's online audience will be invited to select five finalists. At MD&M East/PLASTEC East, held June 9 to 11, a group of attendees will tour the booths of the finalists, where the exhibitors will have an opportunity to make the case for their technologies. Following the fact-finding tour, the attendees will vote for the most innovative technology and crown the winner, who will be announced during the event.
The winning company will receive recognition during the event and afterwards through editorial coverage and at a future MD&M show, where the exhibitor will be entitled to display a sign heralding its status as the 2015 Innovation Award winner at MD&M East.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Be a 2015 MD&M East exhibitor.
- Have company operations in the United States or Canada.
- Showcase an innovation developed between 2013 and the present relevant to the medical device industry.
- Answer the required questions at the link provided in no more than 100 words each. Make sure to adequately state your case as to why your product, service or technology is truly innovative, and include an image.
- Finalists should be willing to have their technologies featured during an Innovation Tour at MD&M East.
So, what are you waiting for? Needless to say, we fully expect a plastics-related supplier to walk away with the top honor.