The Dow Chemical Company will launch multiple products at NPE2012, including new resins at nine different locations on the show floor.
Dow is also the exclusive corporate sponsor of the Society of Plastics Engineers’ (SPE) Antec 2012 technical conference, co-located with NPE2012, where Dow will present 14 technical papers on a broad range of industry topics. Dow also extends its corporate commitment to scientific advancement and research with its sponsorship of the NPE2012 Technical Education Program and Technology Central.
Several Dow products being showcased at NPE2012 include:
• Dow Performance Packaging: Elite advanced technology (AT) polyethylene resins are a new family of resins offering enhanced sealing, processability and consistency, particularly with resin function in high performance sealant film, stretch wrap film and stretch hood film applications, the company stated.
• Dow Performance Packaging: Enlight polyolefin encapsulant films designed to extend the life of solar panels.
• Dow Hygiene & Medical: Rhoplex Econext ultra-low formaldehyde binders can help companies make end-use nonwoven products with undetectable levels of formaldehyde that meet new federal OSHA PEL standards.
• Dow Elastomers: Engage XLT polyolefin elastomer for TPO’s used for automotive interior and exterior components. It offers higher TPO stiffness and has shown to help reduce the total weight of a part up to as much as 10%.
• Dow Electrical & Telecommunications: Dow Ecolibrium biobased plasticizers, produced from virtually 100% renewable resources, can be used in flexible vinyl compounds that may help cable makers and durable goods original equipment manufacturers reduce their carbon footprint (based on LCA testing) and can potentially contribute toward LEED credits subject to verification by the U.S. Green Council Ratings.
“Our participation in industry events, such as NPE2012, reflects the great value we place in supporting our industry, collaborating with our customers and the value chain, and in our ongoing investment in innovation and new product development,” stated Mauro Gregorio, commercial vp, performance plastics at Dow. “We’ll be demonstrating our dedication to our customers through a personalized and collaborative effort at NPE this year.”
For more information about Dow’s presence at NPE2012, visit www.dow.com/NPE2012