Discussions will center around PET recycling, rPET, new mergers and acquisitions, raw material prices, global overcapacity as well as perspectives from bottlers and fillers, brand owners and many more, CMT's 15th edition of GEPET (Greater Europe PET Resin Trade, Applications & Recycling) conference in Dubrovnik promises perspectives on new planned capacities in the region amidst global oversupply and margin pressures.
Designed to explore key trends in the region's PET resin trade, applications and recycling industry, the summit opens on May 20 with a talk on 'Future of Croatia's Plastic Industry' by Gordana Pehnec Pavlovic, executive secretary of the Croatian Plastics and Rubber Industry Association. Next in line are senior representatives from Coca-Cola, Arihant Global, Polisan Holdings, Equipolymers presenting on 'Central Asia & Caucasus Noncarbonated Beverages Market,' 'PX-PTA: Feedstock availability from Asia into European market,' 'Polisan's PET Acquisition in Volos Greece - Why we see this as a strategic fit to our business?,' 'Update and planned production capacities of the new PET resin for bottle market' respectively.
Several country-focused outlook on PET trade will be shared as well, namely on Lativia by Kaspars Fogelmanis, Director of JSC PET Baltija; Slovak Republic by Rastislav Borek, Business Director of General Plastic; Macedonia by Arijan Toska, Executive Director of MDC TI Net and Russia by Maria Serdobolskaya, Commercial Director of Plarus.
The rest of key sessions include:
- In a year of adversity could Europe be flooded with PET? by David Swift, PCI (PET Packaging, Resin & Recycling) Ltd
- Beer, Soft Drinks & Water in PET (PLG Slovenia) by Lilijana Peklar, Development Manager - Packaging, Pivovarna Laško
- Highly efficient recycling technologies for post-consumer and industrial PET waste by Dr. Stephan Suellwald, Manager Technical Sales, Gneuss Kunststofftechnik GmbH
- Increasing sustainability with 100% rPET material by Senior Representative, APPE
- Viscotec - foodgrade without compromise by Markus Fellinger, GM - Viscotec, Starlinger & Co GmbH
- Portugal - New Developments in PET Packaging & Closures - Rui Peneda, Managing Director, GEPack
- Raising the bar for lighter PET bottle for CSD - PET LITE 9.9 GRAM by Jochen Forsthövel, Expert Product Management - Plastics Technology, Krones AG
As in the past, this one-stop platform for delegates to discuss, explore, and abreast themselves on the emerging trends in the Greater European PET industry, is expected to be attended by major feedstock suppliers (PX/PTA/MEG), PET resin producers & suppliers, polyester manufacturers, polymer/ petrochemical traders, converters & preform manufacturers, technology providers, recycling companies, bottlers/fillers, brand owners and many more.
Click here for more details: http://www.cmtevents.com/main.aspx?ev=140511&pu=255936