The following students have been awarded a 2014 IAPD Scholarship:
- Andrew Baker, son of Jeffrey Baker, an employee of Asahi/America Inc.
- Kimberly Baston, daughter of Raymond Baston, an employee of Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products
- Brad Burnett, an employee of SABIC Polymershapes
- Nicholas Gross, son of Julie Clark, an employee of Regal Plastic Supply
- Chris Hall, son of Helene Hall, an employee of Cope Plastics Inc.
- Penelope Hussey, daughter of Cheri Hussey, an employee of Port Plastics Inc.
- Madison Jackson, daughter of Christy Jackson, an employee of Rochling Engineering Plastics
- Marissa Jackson, also a daughter of Christy Jackson, a Rochling employee
- Lauren Lively, daughter of Gary Lively, an employee of Airo Plastics
- Vanessa Lopez-Moratalla, daughter of Paul Aucremann, an employee of Port Plastics Inc.
- Georgia VanSolkema, daughter of Jeremy VanSolkema, an employee of Piedmont Plastics
- Elizabeth Wiley, daughter of Robert Wiley, Jr., an employee of Cope Plastics Inc.
This is the second recognition for Kimberly Baston, Brad Burnett and Nicholas Gross, who were awarded last year with a 2013 IAPD scholarship. IAPD scholarships are funded by donations from IAPD member companies and individuals in the plastics industry, as well as IAPD and its for-profit subsidiary, Association Services International. Each year, scholarships are awarded in amounts up to $4,500.
The IAPD, established in 1956, brings together distributors, manufacturers, manufacturers' representatives, fabricators, recyclers and service providers in an environment which encourages a free flow of ideas and information that help members increase profitability and build their businesses.