Tekmart International Inc. (Toronto, ON, Canada) announced the recent purchase of the injection molding assets of a Foxconn facility located in Hungary. According to Nigel Thomas, Director, Business Development for Tekmart, Foxconn, a global vertically integrated contract manufacturer, is divesting the injection molding operations that, at one point, had 133 presses to focus on other areas of contract manufacturing.
Tekmart is a diversified company using a two-pronged approach to its business strategy: Capital Asset Trading—buying and selling high-technology capital assets from the manufacturing floors of some of the most recognized global OEMs in industry—and Contract Manufacturing through its subsidiary Tekmart Integrated Manufacturing Services (TIMS), which operates manufacturing facilities in Brazil and Mexico.
The Asset Management division of Tekmart, led by Thomas, has recently been engaged in expanding its footprint in trading and asset management. The division, which made the purchase, will rationalize the assets of the molding facility.
Assets in the facility include late-model injection molding presses (multiples of each type) and auxiliary and support equipment including:
- 15 RoboShot machines ranging from 100 to 150 tons (2005 vintage)
- Krauss-Maffei 110/390Cl hydraulic (2004 vintage)
- Alba Babyplast micro injection molding machine 62 kn (2004 vintage)
- Battenfeld BA 1000/35 TM 100-ton hydraulic (2003 vintage)
- Fanuc robots (six-axis)
- Wittman picker robots (three-axis)
- Wittman material dryers--Drymax 300 and 600, Silmax 100
- Ultrasonic welding machines (Rinco P 351, 202 and Standard 3000)
- Pad printer Tampoprint Hermetic
- ISIMAT 1000-P silk screen printing machines
- Husky/Gammaflux hot-runner controllers
- Wittmann Feedmax loaders
- Water temperature controllers, and more
Thomas reports that all equipment has been well maintained and is in excellent condition. The sale of these assets will be held over the next few months.
Tekmart's Asset Management division has been actively engaged in injection molding process machinery and equipment, identifying it as a healthy market with strategic opportunities to trade in this market. Injection molding machinery and equipment has become an important part of Tekmart's inventory, with global sales exceeding 100 injection molding machines plus auxiliary equipment. The growth of this business segment has led Tekmart to open its 100,000-square-foot equipment service and trading facility in Juarez, Mexico, dedicated to injection molding and plastics process machinery. This expansion has also allowed Tekmart to add 40,000 square feet of surface mount technology (SMT) equipment.