One venue to learn about new developments in bioplastics is NatureWorks' international Ingeo biopolymers conference, Innovation Takes Root 2014, which will be held Feb. 17-19 in Orlando, FL. Speakers representing more than 50 companies, including 3M, Unilever, Danone, Lego, Kimberly-Clark, Kodak, the U.S. Green Building Council, the Green Sports Alliance, Green Blue, and European Bioplastics are scheduled to speak at the conference.
Futurist, Jim Carroll, will open the conference.
Additive manufacturing or 3D printing with PLA, another fast growing markets for this biopolymer, will be highlighted at the conference by Stratasys, a manufacturer of 3D printers and 3D production systems for rapid prototyping and direct digital manufacturing.
There will be six breakout sessions:
- New frontiers in fibers and nonwovens,
- New markets - 3D printing and beyond,
- Expanding durable applications with Ingeo compounds,
- Performance advances in flexible packaging,
- Venue cost savings with Ingeo foodservice ware, and
- Expanding the focus in rigid packaging.