The 12th edition of CMT's LAPET (Latin America PET Resin Trade, Application & Recycling) conference will feature discussions on the region's fast growing packaging industry innovations in lightweighting, rPET and thermoforming, with a special focus on the Brazil and Mexico markets. The conference will take place Oct. 20-21 at the Hyatt Regency in Mexico City.
The Latin American PET industry will be the focus, in particular global demand and supply prospects for 2015, market forecast for polyester intermediates, technical requirements for food-grade sheet/ thermoforming applications, as well as perspectives from converters and brand owners.
The opening sessions will be 'Outlook of the Polyester Intermediates Markets & Technology Advancements' by UOP (A Honeywell Co.), and '2015 - A Time for Change' with a focus on demand & supply, PET recycling and more by PCI (PET Packaging, Resin & Recycling).
An outlook on Mexico and Brazil's PET markets will be presented in Felisa's session on 'Mexico's PET Demand & Packaging Outlook,' PetroquimicaSuape's presentation on 'Brazil's New PET Resin Capacity: How will it Shift Trade Dynamics for the LATAM Markets,' and Plastic Technologies' talk on 'Brazil's New National Policy on Solid Waste: How will it Impact PET Markets & Recycling?'
Meanwhile, Sustenta will provide an overview of 'Achieving Economy of Scale through Optimal Collection & Separation Method of Postconsumer PET Bottles,' and Green Mind will share insights on 'Combating Quality Issues in the PET Recycling Process.'
Other sessions include:
- Technical Requirements and Market Growth for Food-Grade Sheets/Thermoforming Applications - Site Plasticos SA
- Intelligent Process Cooling Engineered for PET and Beverage Industry - Frigel Firenze S.p.A.
- viscoSHEET: The Economic and Eco-friendly Way of Food Grade rPET Sheet Production - Starlinger
- Market Trends and Opportunities in PET Packaging - Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd
- Workshop on 'PET Recycling Markets & Tech' led by leaders from Plastics Forming Enterprises and Ecoce
For more information, click on the link: http://www.cmtevents.com/main.aspx?ev=141030&pu=257655