The event starts with an overview of the global PET markets with emphasis on the Middle East & Africa by David Swift, managing director of PCI (PET Packaging, Resin & Recycling), which CMT says will set the tone for more in-depth sessions such as insights and an analysis of the changing PX/PTA landscape that focuses on raw materials and price structure by Gordon Haire, senior consultant with PCI Xylene & Polyester.
The event will also provide participants with an update on sustainability via the session: 'DANONE's Strategy: Making PET Bottles More Sustainable' by Philippe Diercxsens, packaging & environment manager for DANONE Waters Division. In another paper, George Hanna, president of Hipro Consulting, will talk about the status of PET waste and its impact on the Middle East region.
Among key sessions to look forward to are insights on PET trends for energy drinks, soymilk and dairy products. Ashley Batten, research analyst at Euromonitor International, will share a review of the beverage industry and challenges for growth in 2014. This will be followed by a session on PET packaging trends & the market for dairy products by Bruce Volmink, head of packaging of Parmalat South Africa, who will also spotlight PET consumption outlook in South & East Africa and elaborate on the innovations in packaging trends and market drivers. Koen Weel, project manager of packaging research at TNO Triskelion BV, will give an overview about the development of global food contact legislation that is related to PET.
The paper titled 'UAE/ Saudi PET Dilemma: New Capacities vs. New Demand' will abreast participants on leveraging the trade balance and find avenues for export and domestic requirements, while Louay Al-Tahan, VP Business Development/CFO, Al-Tahan Group will provide Iraq's packaging outlook & PET demand.
The event also includes sessions on:
- Due Diligence & Financing PET Projects in Emerging Markets by Abdullah Jefri, Investment Officer (Manufacturing & Petrochemicals), IFC
- India's New PET Capacity & Export Opportunities by Vishesh Aggarwal, Managing Director Micro PolyPet Pvt. Ltd.
- Project Update: PET Recycling Status in Egypt by Hemant Gupta, Commercial Director, BariQ (Raya Holding)
- Analyzing the Economics of Scale in PET Preform Production by Fernando Castro, Caiba SA
- Understanding Technology Constraints & Competitive Solutions for PET Production in Africa by Husky Injection Molding System
This year, MEAPET has enhanced the agenda with an optional workshop on 'Developing Inroads to the AFRICAN Markets: Opportunities & Challenges' that will include a real life business case study on "value chain for preforms to the bottled water industry in Kenya."
To access the complete agenda of the event, please click on the link to view: http://www.cmtevents.com/main.aspx?ev=140204&pu=224958