Plastics in Medical Manufacturing: The Virtual Edition will be playing at a desktop near you next week. Produced by the SPE Medical Plastics Division, the two-day online conference will showcase people, technologies, and companies battling the pandemic as well as provide a forum to discuss the trends, strategies, and opportunities for medical plastics manufacturers today, said SPE. The virtual event is scheduled for Aug. 11 and 12.
Industry experts will address the following topics:
- New materials for respiratory-related applications
- Materials and technologies for medical diagnostics
- New technologies in medical manufacturing
- Regulatory challenges and validation
- Supply chain challenges
- Design changes as a result of material limitations
- Leveraging new business opportunities in the wake of a pandemic
- Innovation, manufacturing and regulations involving medical gowns, masks, face shields, sheets, and PPE
- 3D printing
Speakers include Don DeMello, Celanese; Paul Nowatzki, Covestro; Jacqueline Anim, Ethicon; and Geert Jan Schellekens, Sabic; among many others. The full schedule, including speaker details and registration information, is available on the SPE website.
Medical plastics also will be part of the conversation at the co-located Medical Design & Manufacturing and PLASTEC event in Minneapolis later this year. At the time of writing, the annual conference and trade show is scheduled to go forward at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Show organizer Informa Markets – Engineering, which also publishes PlasticsToday, assures exhibitors and attendees that it is “planning a safe and successful event in Minneapolis on Oct. 28 and 29, 2020.” A COVID-19 Information page will provide regular updates on the event’s progress and the measures that are being put in place to ensure a safe and productive experience. More information is available on the event website, and PlasticsToday will preview some of the highlights in the weeks leading up to the show.