Now in its 20th year, the annual Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) program recognizes achievements in medical product design and engineering. Entries in 12 categories are being accepted through Jan. 5, 2018, from companies and individuals involved in the design, engineering, manufacture or distribution of finished medical devices. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on June 12, 2018, during the co-located Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) and PLASTEC East event in New York, NY.
The 12 product categories are:
- Cardiovascular devices
- Dental Implants, Equipment, and Supplies
- Digital Health Products and Mobile Medical Apps
- Drug-Delivery and Combination Products
- ER and OR Tools, Equipment, and Supplies
- Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Devices
- Implant and Tissue-Replacement Products
- Nonsurgical Hospital Supplies and Equipment
- Over-the-Counter and Self-Care Devices
- Radiological, Imaging, and Electromechanical Devices
- Rehabilitation and Assistive-Technology Products
- Testing and Diagnostic Products and Systems
The entries can be submitted by OEMs or suppliers that provide materials, components, or services with the OEM’s written consent.
The judging is conducted by a multidisciplinary panel of experts that includes clinicians, engineers and designers.
The program is organized by UBM, which also produces PlasticsToday.
For more information and entry details, go to the MDEA website.