The In-Mold Decorating Association (IMDA: Skokie, IL) announced its 12th Annual IMDA Awards Competition, and will begin accepting entries Feb. 1, 2018. The competition closes on April 15, and no entries will be accepted after that date.
The 2018 competition recognizes the industry’s best in-mold labeled packaging and in-mold decorated durable products. The winning entries are chosen based on creativity in design, engineering and innovation. The categories include the following:
- Best Part Design
- Best Thin Wall Packaging
- Best Injection Molded Durable (IMD) Part
- Best Injection Molded (IML) package
- Best Label Design
- Best Blow Molded Part/Package
- Best Product Family (common style or brand)
- Best Thermoformed IML Package
- Best Thermoformed Durable IMD Part
- Best IML/IMD Prototype Part/Package
|J.M. Smucker received the 2017 Gold Award for Best Thermoform IML Package.|
Award winners will be featured in the October 2018 issue of Plastics Decorating Magazine and on the PlasticsToday website and other industry media. The awards ceremony will be held at the 2018 IDMA Symposium in November.