Sponsored By

December 1, 2006

1 Min Read
E-shots Web-exclusive: Hot runner partners; MUD products quicker



This two-drop Polivalve valve gate hot runner system, shown in Polimold’s São Paulo facility, is for a medical cap application in the United States.

An exclusive corporate partnership agreement has been formed between D-M-E (Madison Heights, MI), and Polimold Industrial SA (São Bernado do Campo, Brazil), Latin America’s largest provider of mold bases and hot runner systems. The two companies have had a 20-year distributor relationship. The partnership allows for products developed by one company to be manufactured by the other.

In other D-M-E news, the company says it has cut the lead time for supplying its Master Unit Die (MUD) standard catalog companion insert mold products from seven to five workdays. In May 2006 the company knocked two days off delivery times for almost 80% of its product line, going from five to three workdays. Now the other 20% also are going out faster, all in response to the increasing need for speed-to-market among D-M-E’s customers.

Sign up for the PlasticsToday NewsFeed newsletter.

You May Also Like