Servo Cutter Has Five Cutting Modes For Flexibility
Davis Standard's DSC-U2 is a heavy-duty servo cutter designed for on-line cutting of rubber preforms up to 2 in.dia. Variable knife speeds range from 500 to 1200 rpm.
There are five cutting modes:
- Flywheel/master mode for 500 to 1400 continuous cuts/min
- Flywheel/slave mode for electronically gearing to a puller-mounted encoder
- On-demand/timer mode for cutting at timed intervals with closed-loop control from a weigh station
- On-demand/encoder mode for allowing the cut signal to be received from a puller-mounted encoder
- On-demand/external mode to enable cutting from an electric eye or other external device.
According to Sales Engineer Glenn Beasley, the key advantage of this system is its capability to accept a signal from an external measuring device to reduce cut time intervals 'on the fly,' compensating for fluctuations in extruder output.
The unit operates on a centerline of 24 in. on tracks and includes a heavy-duty table, v-groove casters with brakes and spray lubrication system. Price is $29,150.
Davis Standard Corp.
Pawcatuck, CT Circle 110