P.M. Subramanian, the awards chair of the SPE Plastics Environmental Div., presents the Daniel Eberhardt Environmental Stewardship Award to Hewlett-Packard and its suppliers Butler-MacDonald and Lavergne Group. For a list of all of last year’s winners, visit www.specrecycling.org.
Through the end of November, the Plastics Environmental Div. of the Society of Plastics Engineers (Lindale, GA; www.sperecycling.org) is accepting nominations for this year’s awards, to be presented during the 2009 Global Plastics Environmental Conference (GPEC). The next GPEC will be held Feb. 25-27 in Orlando, FL at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, and the topic is “Plastics: The Wonderful World of Sustainability and Recycling,” which will recognize corporations and institutions demonstrating environmental achievements involving plastics.
Award nominations must be received by Nov. 30, grouped in these categories:
1. Daniel Eberhardt environmental stewardship
2. Plastics recycling technologies and applications
3. Plastic materials from renewable sources and applications
4. New environmental technologies in conventional plastics materials
5. New technologies in processes
6. Enabling technologies in processes and procedures
7. Emerging technologies in materials, processes and applications
8. Design for sustainability
9. Significant patent in the environmental and recycling areas in conventional plastics, issued in 2008
10. Significant patent in plastics from renewable resources, issued in 2008Nominations should be submitted to the GPEC coordinator Gwen Mathis at [email protected].