A 110-ton all-electric Arburg LSR injection molding machine running a 4-cavity nasal mask with robotic demold will be a machine demonstration highlight when Shin-Etsu Silicones of America (SESA) opens its LIMSTM (Liquid Injection Molding System) Technical Center in Akron, OH on Oct. 7.
Taking place one day before the ACS Rubber Expo to be held in Cleveland, OH on Oct. 8, SESA's event will also feature presentations on LSR advancements from SIGMA Plastic Services Inc., Arburg Inc., GSDI, Elmet North America Inc., and Albright Technologies Inc. The new facility will offer the aforementioned LIMS demonstration featuring equipment and materials from presenting suppliers Arburg (machine), Elmet (4-cavity mold and dosing system), GSDI (color silicone dispersion), and Shin-Etsu (liquid silicone rubber).
Specific presentations include:
- Liquid Silicone Rubber Properties, Applications, and Innovations (Eric Bishop, North America marketing manager, SESA)
- Troubleshooting the most common issues associated with adding color to your new LSR project (Karen Schwalbach, industry senior specialist, GSDI)
- Multi-component silicone molding, employing integrated robotics for automatic parts retrieval (Marko Koellmer, area manager - sales and engineering, Arburg Inc.
- Technical Developments in fully automatic LSR Molds and Dosing Systems (Ryan Cutler, technical sales/operations manager, Elmet North America Inc.)
- Alternative methods of prototyping liquid silicone parts: advantages, disadvantages, and application of each method (Matt Bont, senior project engineer, Albright Technologies)
- Critical aspects of quality manufacturing for LIMS. Evaluating material behavior, part & mold design, and injection process before building the mold (Matt Proske, VP SIGMA Plastic Services)
Individuals interested in attending should contact Eric Bishop by Sept. 16.