The University of Massachusetts Lowell (UMass Lowell), profiled by PlasticsToday as one of the top US colleges for polymers engineering programs, has announced a series of plastics seminars for this summer. Registration is now open for more than a dozen courses focused on plastics processing and design, and material selection.
Offered by the Division of Graduate, Online & Professional Studies and the Department of Plastics Engineering, the 2023 seminar schedule is as follows:
- Robust Process Development & Scientific Molding; June 7 to 9
- Injection Molding; June 12 to 16 or Aug. 14 to 18
- Extrusion; July 17 to 19
- Injection Mold Design; June 5 to 7
- Plastic Part Design for Injection Molding; June 5 to 8 or July 11 to 14
- Optimized Plastic Part & Product Design: Injection Molding, Thermoforming, and Rotational Molding; July 24 to 26
- Plastics in Medical Devices; June 26 to 28
- Polymeric Materials: Commodity Plastics, Engineering Resins, and Specialty Polymers; June 19 to 22 or July 24 to 27
- Plastics and Sustainability; July 24 to 25
The seminars are offered on campus and online. For complete course descriptions and instructor bios, and to register to attend, go to the UMass Lowell website.