If you want a kind of behind-the-scenes look at what packaging developments are in the wings awaiting their turn on the broader packaging stage, check into patent filings.
That’s what we did in sorting through Google’s vast online global storehouse for patents of all kinds. We narrowed our search to flexible packaging. Our curated lineup spotlights the following five patents published in 2022, which appear in alphabetical order by company:
- Recyclable paper packaging with thin-film barrier from Amcor Flexibles North America;
- Atypical multilayer packaging films from Frito-Lay that use several sustainable material options including PLA and PHA;
- Integrated matte/glossy decorating options for films with cold-seal adhesive from Printpack.
- A hybrid bottle pouch with rigid handle from ProAmpac Holdings; and
- Procter & Gamble’s flexible new twist on ecommerce packaging.