Among other new products and services Husky (Dudelange, Luxembourg) plans to shine its K 2007 spotlight on are these five new additions to its hot runner systems lineup:
- An expanded Ultra 350 nozzle product line will be introduced, with valve gate and hot tip options, for ultracompact, multicavity small-parts production—small medical parts, for instance. Ultra 350 nozzles provide for direct gating into hard-to-reach areas with distance between nozzles down to 18 mm and throughputs up to 30 g/sec.
- For applications requiring frequent color change and uncompromised gate quality, like closures, Husky will be promoting its UltraFlow valve gate. Its gate tip design reportedly provides superior melt homogeneity for producing a high-quality surface finish and eliminating flow lines.
- A new high-pressure molding option for its Ultra 500 valve gate will be unveiled for applications like consumer electronics components, requiring injection pressures up to 43,500 psi (3000 bar).
- New back-to-back Ultra 500 and 750 valve gate options that provide a shut height of less than 195 mm for configurations up to 2-by-8 drops will be introduced for high-throughput jobs.
- And Husky will be showcasing its Altanium hot runner controls with increased functionality and new features to improve ease of use.—CK
Husky Injection Molding Systems SA